Wednesday, May 4, 2016

It's Social Media... What do you expect?

I do not understand.

There are several things I do not understand in this world. A massive list that is unending, really. But today I am going to specifically speak about one subject that I do not understand, and it is this:
WHY DO PEOPLE POST THINGS ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND GET MAD ABOUT PRIVACY RIGHTS?!
Lori Andrews argues in her book I Know Who You Are and I Saw What You Did: Social Networks and the Death of Privacy (wow what a long title..) that there needs to be a Social Network Constitution that protects our rights online and basically eliminate the ability for employers or schools etc. to look at people's information on their social network. 

......a Social Network Constitution? Really

Here, let me suggest a way that will 100% of the time help people not get in trouble because of their social media sites: 
DON'T POST STUPID STUFF THAT WILL GET YOU IN TROUBLE.

It's a free and easy solution to a possible detrimental problem. If you have any questions on how to go about doing that, please, let me know. I can show you how to click the delete button and give you a lesson on wise decisions

Come on people... it's the internet. Anybody can access anything from anywhere at anytime. Do not be shocked if employers are able to look you up and stalk your life. Everyone can do that. Be aware of the things that are posted online and think how it may affect life in the future. A Social Network Constitution I believe is going way over board. If you post it on the internet, you clearly must be fine with the entire world being able to access your life. That's the point in posting it right? Just be smart.


2 comments:

  1. I completely agree that people should just not post stupid stuff that will get them in trouble! Also, I like how you don't hold back with your opinion and feelings. I'm glad I am not the only one who believes people shouldn't complain about privacy rights after posting their entire life on social media.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly, I completely agree with you that people should not post things on their social media pages and react in ways that are angry and in shock that there information is not private when it is on the Internet. I just think that uneducated people believe that since there is an option to make your page private that nothing will be seen by others. However, it is important that people are educated and the fact that anything we do online is not private. It was very nice of you to suggest helpful solutions to these problems. You are right that people do need to be more smart about their actions they part take in online.

    ReplyDelete